Friday, March 4, 2011

SPRING BREAK


SPRING BREAK! WOOOOOO Why is it called spring break if it is in winter?


This time last year I was dancing with the idea of weaving with monofilament...well I've got that itch again. To bad there aren't any open looms. The above photo is my sophomore projects final. It's all monofilament, and 15 feet long. We were supposed to base our objects from either a book, song or poem we like. I based mine of off the Beatles song Revolution 9. I actually spaced out the weft to represent patterns in the song, I don't think that was a very successful idea. The viewer really can't see it. But still, this is probably one of the most influential pieces I've made for myself. Ken took this picture, it was a real challenge he said because it is so reflective to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment