Monday, March 28, 2011

Artist Statements...blah blah blah

After a miserable trip to NYC last week my hopes and moral were lifted by the great Sheila Hicks. I still can't believe I got to meet her!

I was talking to a few friends of mine outside of the crafts/fibers department and I was amazed to hear that they do not need to make an artist statement. They also laughed at mine but I did too. This is my first draft of my statement, I made it for my junior review.

"As an artist beginning their career it may be difficult to find what moves us. That being said I feel that I am moved by the feelings and jesters that occur in my gut. When making I know that I am progressing positively when I feel the sensation of being sick, as if my creative process needs to be vomited out of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment